Getting The Necessary Home Care For Aging Parents
One of the most difficult parts of aging is losing personal autonomy. In this episode, Ruth Busalacchi offers a solution that allows for the elderly to receive the care that they need while maintaining a sense of independence in their own homes. She shares some advice on how to address aging parents about receiving care, and what kind of questions you should ask to assess how safe they are in their own homes. Busalacchi also recounts how SYNERGY HomeCare has helped their clients with their day to day living, along with giving their children peace of mind.
Ruth Busalacchi is the owner and operator of SYNERGY HomeCare serving the Greater Milwaukee, WI region. Her company has more than 100 employees who care for 150 clients ranging from companion care to 24/7 live in care. She has owned her own company for the last 10 years having been drawn to the Senior Care Industry while advocating for her Father who had Parkinson’s Disease and her Mother who was his primary caregiver. Prior to purchasing her SYNERGY HomeCare Franchise, she was the Director of Special Needs at Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan from 1999 to 2010. She led the development of residential and day programming. She also remains active in her local Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Associations. Ruth’s hobbies include spending time with her five grandchildren and playing the ukulele, graduated from Concordia University with a B.A. in Business Administration and Human Resources.
One of the things unfortunately that we discovered through Covid and isolation is that 25% of Americans who are 65 and older are considering themselves socially isolated, and that is leading to genuine health problems as well as mental health problems.” – Ruth Busalacchi
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- 4 key areas to look for when determining if seniors need assistance in their own home
- What “benevolent probing” means, and how we can use it to ensure our elderly parent’s / loved one’s well being
- How you can remain independent and receive support as you age
- How being a caregiver is a mutually beneficial career path
- The process behind matching the caregivers at SYNERGY HomeCare with the senior clients
- What drew Ruth Busalacchi in to become an owner and operator of SYNERGY HomeCare
- How loneliness impacts the health of the elderly
Free Offer: Download a Free Falls Prevention Guide & Request a Free Home Assessment from your local SYNERGY HomeCare office- Get free access here
Featured on the Show: Website | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn
Effortless Happiness: How to Find Your Voice and Finally Ask For What You Really Want Paperback or Kindle copy.