Journey of Self-Expansion
At some point we may find ourselves becoming unsatisfied with some aspect of our lives. On today’s episode, Natasha Scripture shares how she felt accomplished in her career, but struggled to find her ideal partner. What started out as a desire to ground herself has turned into a 9 month journey of self expansion far away from the hustle and bustle of New York City. She speaks on her culture’s belief that you need to be married to be complete, and how she learned to feel whole on her own.
Natasha Scripture is an author, poet, health coach and former aid worker. As an emergency spokesperson for the United Nations, Natasha covered humanitarian crises around the world, including conflicts and natural disasters in Ethiopia, Haiti, Libya, and Pakistan. Before the UN, she worked as a writer, producer and editor for a variety of organizations, including the BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera English, TED, National Geographic and Condé Nast Publications. She has been interviewed by CNN, ABC News, BBC Radio, the Irish Examiner and Women’s Health (Australia), among other news outlets, been published in the New York Times, The Telegraph, Marie Claire, Glamour UK, The Sydney Morning Herald, Huffington Post, The Boston Globe, the New York Post and The Atlantic, among other publications, and been featured in Marie Claire, The Washington Post, The Philadelphia Inquirer and The Sunday Times Style magazine.“I see grief as a gift. It breaks us down to our core, opens us up in a way that we haven’t been opened up before.” Natasha Scripture Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- How reaching her mid-thirties changed Natasha Scripture’s outlook on her life
- How being on a “Man Fast” can change your dating life & relationship with yourself
- The journey to self acceptance & realizing you are enough
- Why people tend to change after going through something difficult
- The healing effects of nature and a change of scenery
- Perfection can be boring and flaws can be endearing
- How incorporating daily practices of gratitude can lead to abundance
Featured on the Show: Website | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn
Effortless Happiness: How to Find Your Voice and Finally Ask For What You Really Want Paperback or Kindle copy.