Heather Creekmore writes and speaks hope to thousands of women each week inspiring them to stop comparing and start living. Her first book Compared to Who? encourages women to uncover the spiritual root of body image issues and find freedom. Her latest release, The Burden of Better, offers women a journey into the depths of God’s grace to find a way off the treadmill of constant comparison.
Heather is on a mission to help women uncover the spiritual roots of their body image and comparison issues. Her podcast tackles these tough topics through the lens of the gospel.
Heather is best recognized from her appearance as a contestant on the Netflix hit show, Nailed It –and her blue bake-fail of a cake was the icon for the show for several seasons.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Heather’s work and writing as a body image coach
- How the struggle with body image starts at a young age, and is getting younger and younger
- The spiritual aspect of struggling with body image
- How Heather coaches women who struggle with the size of their bodies
- The way dieting trends have changed over the years, leading to a “schizophrenic relationship with food.”
- How body image issues impact men
- Information on Heather’s podcast and two books, plus the new ones coming out
- Heather’s joyful moment, and three tips to create more joy in your life.
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Take five days to transform the way you think about body image and kickstart your freedom journey: 5-Day Body Image Email Challenge
Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Libsyn | Spotify | Player FM | Google Podcasts | Apple Podcasts | Podcast Guru
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!