Many women can spend their entire lives wrapped up in comparison and body image struggles. This week’s guest aims to change that from an entirely different approach.
Heather Creekmore writes and speaks hope to thousands of women each week inspiring them to stop comparing and start living. Her first book Compared to Who? encourages women to uncover the
spiritual root of body image issues and find freedom. Her latest release, The Burden of Better, offers women a journey into the depths of God’s grace to find a way off the treadmill of constant comparison.
Heather is on a mission to help women uncover the spiritual roots of their body image and comparison issues. Her podcast tackles these tough topics through the lens of the gospel. Heather is best recognized from her appearance as a contestant on the Netflix hit show Nailed It!, and her blue bake-fail of a cake was the icon for the show for several seasons.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Why Heather’s main focus is helping women break free from comparison
- Why Heather thought that being “better” was the key to fulfillment, but it wasn’t
- The problem with playing the comparison game
- Heather’s struggle with body image and disordered eating and how she broke free
- Freedom from body image issues doesn’t come from loving yourself harder
- The trap in constantly searching for the “ideal you.”
Gift for Listeners:
Heather has a 5-Day Body Image Email Challenge free on her website. It’s 5 days to transform the way you think about body image issues and kickstart your freedom journey!
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!