Escaping an oppressive relationship requires immense strength. On this episode, Kanchan Bhaskar shares a courageous story of her escape from a toxic marriage. Be inspired by her determination to regain confidence, independence, and the freedom to live life on her own terms.
Kanchan Bhaskar (Kan-chan Bhas-car), an Indian-American, is a first-time author of Leaving: How I Set Myself Free from an Abusive Marriage. She holds a Master’s Degree in social work and a certificate in life coaching. She is also a certified Business Coach. Being a successful Human Resource professional, her expertise is in training and mentoring. She is a certified advocate, speaker, and coach for victims and survivors of domestic violence. Kanchan lives in Chicago.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The tradition of arranged marriages in India
- How Kanchan’s marriage turned into a nightmare after marrying a narcissistic man
- How revolution and hope can bring change, even when it’s hard
- Simple techniques to developing belief in self
- Finding joy within, spirituality, nature, self-expression
- How to encourage struggling friends
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!