The Role of the End-of-Life Doula
Can you imagine what would happen if we, the living, explored these things before we got to the point of having to?
As an end-of-life doula, Kristen Elliott is trained to guide people to find meaning in their lives, come to terms with their unfinished business, have those really hard conversations, and think deeply about all the joy, fulfillment, and love they’ve experienced. As a result, they often come to know their fears, hopes, regrets, and gratitude at the deepest level. They find deep joy in living and themselves. Except… they’re at the end of their life.
Kristen believes we have to kill the things that no longer serve, continuously throughout our lives, to keep inching closer to our most authentic selves. And through this process, we learn how to live our soul truth. She is passionate about helping people maintain their sovereignty through their end of life process.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- What is an end-of-life doula?
- Kristen’s work and her podcast “Dying to Live”
- The growing role of end-of-life doulas in communities
- How Kristen helps people move through emotions and process their life journeys when the end is approaching
- Creating a death plan for the terminally ill and what that entails
- How to lessen fear and anxiety in grieving family members
- The courses Kristen created to help people get “unstuck”
- How working on yourself can allow you to love others better
Click here to gain access to The Journey Home, a course for people to feel more at home in themselves.
Links from This Episode:
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!