This episode will make you rethink the way you think about authenticity and personal branding – that is, the way you show up in the world.
Laura Ballerini is a seasoned creative who has been running a thriving communications firm for over 20 years. During that time, she has become the “perspective shifter.” She is not defined by her design talents, but rather, how she applies unique solutions to client “pain points.” Through strategic communication, tactics, and seamless execution, solutions are inspired by a shift in thinking.
Author of The Green Velvet Chair, Laura has written a collection of heartfelt stories depicting how art and design influence and spur creativity not only in our work, but in our everyday lives.
Laura has a degree in Visual Communications from The Alberta University of the Arts and is a recipient of numerous awards. While she is a quiet and introverted executive, Laura has recently found her inner badass and radiates her “quietly fierce” disposition in her work and her life. Ballerini lives in Calgary, Alberta with her husband, two daughters, one son-in-law, a granddaughter, and a pretentious cat named Gooey.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Laura’s journey of self-improvement and the realization that personal branding is based on inner values, not just external appearance
- Maintaining one’s essence despite external changes
- Laura’s achievements in visual communications
- Laura’s experience of creating titles and covers for their book and seeking feedback
- Sources of inspiration for content creation
- The importance of authentic and relatable presentation style
- Laura’s desire to connect with her audience
- Tapping into universal experiences through the book
- The power of joining a networking group and overcoming shyness
- What it means to embrace the tagline “let the quiet ones tell their stories”
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!