Creativity doesn’t have to mean art, writing or music. In this episode, Dr. Minette Riordan explains that all of us are inherently creative beings and that it is essential to our health and wellbeing that we access this part of ourselves. She shares some of her own powerful experiences of moving through challenging transitions and how creativity plays a role in the healing process.
Dr. Minette Riordan is a modern-day Renaissance woman: artist, writer, award-winning entrepreneur and advocate for creativity as essential to the well-being of all people and our planet. She has built several successful businesses, worked with thousands of business owners and published three books, including her bestseller The Artful Marketer. Minette is the founder of the Confident Creative Framework, a simple and effective transformational process for helping others to own their artistry. She believes that when we are all working in our highest and best creative genius, we can solve all the world’s problems.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- We are a creative species and why it is essential for our health and wellbeing
- The many faces of “creativity”; it’s not always what you might think
- Some of the reasons we stifle our natural creativity
- What the Zentangle movement is and how it can help you
- Why coloring, in particular, is so helpful to our overall health and happiness
- Death isn’t the only experience that causes grief
- Why it’s important to properly heal grief and other difficult emotions
- The importance of being connected to other women
- Three of Minette’s favorite suggestions for creative play
- Some fascinating ways to use junk paper and old books
- Information on Minette’s five-part video series gift for listeners
- Why it is essential to put self-care at the top of your list of priorities
- Why words can be restrictive in certain kinds of creativity
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!