Entrepreneurship, Aging, & Caretaking
It takes courage to go against the expectations of others, and follow your own dreams. My guest for this week’s episode, Linda Pavek, has had her life planned out for her as a child. In her adulthood, she decided to take her life into her own hands. As a successful business owner, caretaker, and recent college graduate, Linda is an example of what can be possible with a plan & dedication.
Linda Pavek was born in Duluth, MN. She is 64 years of age, and owns two businesses located in North Branch, MN (BeasyTrans Systems, Inc. and CopperTouch, LLC). She is married with no children, has three spoiled dogs, and also was an only child. Linda considers her family to be whomever she meets that she feels a kindred spirit with. She is a caretaker for her husband, who is a stroke victim, her Mother, who is 91 with severe dementia, and her 95 year old amazing Aunt who still drives and lives independently. Pavek graduated from college four years ago with two BS degrees in business and marketing. It was a lifelong dream to get her college degrees, and she did it with a 3.98 GPA which she is very proud of.“Some people age faster because they think they’re old.” Linda Pavek Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- How school took away Linda’s love of music & pushed her to switch her major
- What she discovered when she returned to playing music for pleasure
- Linda’s perspective on life, spirituality, and how to move forward from tragedies
- A message for people who feel they are too old to become an entrepreneur
- How coming from a stoic family influenced how Linda expressed her emotion
- Being introduced to death and learning how to grieve in order to find peace
- What to know before becoming a caretaker, and dealing with a parent with severe dementia
Offer: A lifetime of germ protection – Get access here
Effortless Happiness: How to Find Your Voice and Finally Ask For What You Really Want Paperback or Kindle copy.