Preslee Marshall is twenty-five years old with a story to tell. She had minor health issues prior to 2020, but from the start of the pandemic until now, she has been diagnosed with seven to eight conditions – all of which are either very chronic or have no cure. She experienced a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after spending years searching for answers to her health issues with no solution. She describes her experience as medical gaslighting, and writes about her story in this article.
Preslee lives in in Winnipeg, Manitoba. When she’s not busy managing her business, Preslee is traveling the world and unlocking new opportunities for her future.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The definition of gaslighting and how it applies to medical treatment
- Preslee’s story experiencing many mystery symptoms and never any clear answers
- The importance of advocating for your health
- How to know you are being medically gaslit
- Populations of people who are more likely to face medical gaslighting
- What to do if you feel like you are being medically gaslighted
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!