Vanessa Cloke is known for her acting roles in “The Big Short,” “The Walking Dead” and “American Horror Story,” but she is also an abuse survivor and Founder of The Escaped Goat, an organization dedicated to reform psychological abuse laws, educate law enforcement, and end the trauma/abuse cycle.
The Escaped Goat’s driving objective is to Take Action, and waves the motto “GTFO, Heal, Take Action.” The Escaped Goat provides several proactive opportunities such as options to anonymously share personal stories or volunteer expert and professional services.
Vanessa’s personal story of escaping narcissistic abuse is what drove her to start this organization. In this episode, she shares her story and her passion for awareness and reform of psychological abuse laws.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Vanessa’s personal story of abuse and how a TMZ story about her sent her world reeling
- How to know if you are in a psychologically abusive relationship and the warning signs to look out for
- The growing trends of psychological abuse and narcissism and why awareness is increasing
- Misconceptions with the label of narcissism
- How being in a narcissistic relationship is a wake-up call, and the struggle to find support
- Therapy that can be helpful in healing from abusive relationships
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!