Evaluating Your Life & Appreciating Accomplishments
Public relations and marketing continues to evolve before our eyes, but as members of the public, we can only see these changes from the perspective of a consumer. Today, communications professional Jeanette Brown gives us a peek behind the curtain for a full picture of what it is like to work with a variety of famous brands. We delve into what it means to be successful, and how we should adapt the meaning of success to fit our daily lives
Jeanette Brown Green Founder of Excellence & Presence Communications – an integrated PR & Marketing Agency providing corporate, lifestyle and non-profit clients with brand development, communications campaigns, culturally relevant programs, crisis communications as well as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion consulting.
Jeanette is a Brooklyn native whose family tree branches reach the Caribbean, including Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica. Her appreciation for community, family, and culture developed while growing up in a multi-ethnic neighborhood, Bushwick. The sounds of Latin music filled every bodega, the aroma of exotic dishes infiltrated the air, and everyone was treated like family at celebrations.
She is a communications professional with more than 20 years of public relations, marketing, and branding experience representing a variety of brands, including wine and spirits, luxury, sports, and entertainment as well as high-profile personalities. Jeanette has led marketing communications strategies for brands like Ketel One Vodka, Maker’s Mark, Pisco Portón, Bacardi Global Travel Retail, MillerCoors, Pepsi Global, Audi, Reebok, and many more. She has overseen the development and execution of all channel-neutral communications plans in support of a brand’s PR and trade programs in addition to experiential and strategic partnerships.“It took me a long time to build my confidence, a very long time and lots of experiences. I just wanna help people not have their bumps in the road be as hard as mine were.” Jeanette Brown Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- What it felt like growing up in a diverse neighborhood like Bushwick, Brooklyn
- How losing her mother at a young age impacted Jeanette Brown’s life
- What motivated Jeanette Brown to take a moment to look at her family and friends and evaluate her life
- People have a tendency to work hard, but not recognize their own growth
- What motivated Jeanette Brown to process the loss of her mother years after she passed
- How starting her own PR & marketing agency allowed her to work on a wide range of marketing categories
- The types of amazing clients Jeanette Brown has, and how they continue to inspire her
Effortless Happiness: How to Find Your Voice and Finally Ask For What You Really Want Paperback or Kindle copy.