How to Cope with Grief
Grieving is a process we will all be familiar with at some point in our lives. Our guest for this week’s episode of SecondWind, Emily Thiroux Threatt, is here to reveal healthy ways for us to cope with these profound emotions. Because she personally knows what it feels like to lose a loved one, she is able to connect to others while remaining sensitive to their emotional state.
Emily Thiroux Threatt is the author of Loving and Living Your Way Through Grief: A Comprehensive Guide to Reclaiming and Cultivating Joy and Carrying on in the Face of Loss.
Emily grew up in Porterville, California and earned her master’s degree in English with a concentration in writing. She taught writing at the university level for 39 years. She currently lives in Maui, Hawaii.
Having gone through the experience of two husbands dying, as well as the deaths of her father, mother, sister, many family members and friends, Emily has much experience in the grieving process and has learned to face life with love, optimism, and joy. Her mission is to comfort and support those dealing with grief and loss focusing on happiness.
She earned a master’s degree in English with a concentration in writing which led to her career teaching writing at the university level, so she naturally turned to writing to deal with her grief. She also is teaching those dealing with loss how to use writing to deal with their grief.
When she’s not writing, you can find her in her tending to her garden, creating art, and walking on the beach.“It's not that you're trying to get over grief, it's that you’re trying to work with it so that you can move forward with the rest of your life…” Emily Thiroux Threatt Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- How Emily was brought face to face with the fragility of life at a young age
- Dealing with grief sooner rather than later will be easier in the long run
- The process of grieving isn’t negative if you look at it from a certain perspective
- Parents often shield their children from death because they don’t know how to explain or handle it themselves
- The process of creating Emily’s book from what inspired her, to getting it published
- The interesting writing exercise Emily advises people who are experiencing grief to try.
- How we should interact with people who are grieving the loss of a loved one
Free Offer: Sign up to review a preview of Emily’s new book “Loving and Living Your Way Through Grief”. A Comprehensive Guide to Reclaiming and Cultivating Joy and Carrying on in the Face of Loss. – Get free access here
Featured on the Show: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
Effortless Happiness: How to Find Your Voice and Finally Ask For What You Really Want Paperback or Kindle copy.