When we experience trauma and pain, whether emotional or physiological, we tend to start identifying with the issue itself, instead of asking what the issue is teaching us. This episode is a deep dive into the psychology of trauma and illness, and how to break free from the bondage of our current situation.
Andrew Hahn, Psy.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist. He received his A.B. Magna Cum Laude in Social Studies/Psychology from Harvard University and his Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from Hahnemann University. He is certified by Helen Palmer to teach the Enneagram and has also been a faculty member in the graduate Counselling Programs at Lesley University and Northeastern University.
In 1997, Dr. Hahn developed the Life Centered Therapy Training program for those who want to facilitate and/or teach this process. Today, Dr. Hahn has a private practice in Waltham, MA; speaks, teaches and leads trainings and healing groups internationally; and continues his effort to better understand what is going on for people so that he can better help them live more contented and healthier lives.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- His work with trauma and Life Centered Therapy
- How not to identify with your trauma and life experiences
- What is life and the self at its core
- How trauma keeps us stuck and how to break free
- The physical symptoms we experience and what they tell us about our trauma
- Why is self-acceptance important and how to start accepting yourself
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Subscribe to SecondWind with Joyce! New episodes every Tuesday at 9 am CT.
Do you have any feedback or comments about this show? Send us a message! We would love to hear from you!